Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Years~

I know I'm late, but I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Needless to say, I have had an interesting year in 2008. I made many life changing decisions, and I don't regret anything I have done. If anything, I feel more fulfilled now then ever.

In 2008 I have;

Decided to get back into college to be Vet Tech
Supported my then boyfriend as he went Air Force
Observed surguries and didn't get neauseous (yay!)
Got engaged while at BMT graduation
Planned a wedding
Got married to the man of my heart
Moved to Oklahoma
Made some new friends
Set up my house, including getting a kitchen table
Added to my family by adopting Todd
Adjusted to the military way of life
Helped out at Airman Against Drunk Driving (AADD)
Made Christmas dinner

12 things for 12 months, lol
----
For an update. We are doing great, loving life. I had a thought the other day about doing whatever is in your means to help someone.

It is a gratifying feeling when you are helping someone, and you do everything in your power, and knowing at the end of the day, there is nothing else that you could have done. I have had the ability to help out several times, with different situations, and it always makes me smile. Be it helping someone find their dog, give someone a ride in the right direction of home, or sharing your food with friends who are tight.

I am greatful for the opportunities that I have been given to help out here. I love my life, my family, the ability to have a home and be secure. Thank you to everyone who has ever helped me out in my life. You rock! Peace, Love and Chocolate~

1 comment:

Hollister Mom said...

It does my heart good to hear how happy you are. It can be amazingly awesome with how many good things come into our lives. I'm also very grateful that you fill your life with service. That's what makes life worth living. Keep up the great work. Love to you both!!!