Friday, January 30, 2009

Walking on Water

So like I have mentioned, it snowed a dew days ago, it's been snowing. Well, the dogs were hyper the other day, so I took them to the park. And they went off running, having a grand ol' time, when I see Suri and Todd jump into the creek. Thinking that it must be freezing water, and they were gunna catch hypothermia, I ran over to them. Looked down.. and saw the creek. Lol. It was frozen solid. Suri and Todd were having a field day running on it, jumping down to it, licking it. Hehe.

So I get to thinking, Suri is jumping down onto that and it isn't cracking, she weighs a good 75 ish pounds, I think I will try it to. Ladies and gentlemen, and anyone else who is reading, I scooted down to the edge, I put my feet on to the ice....And I walked on water. Lol. It was pretty crazy. After a few minutes of walking up the creek, I found a spot that had thinned a little and cracked. And I wanted to find out how thick the ice was. Turns out to be about 4 inches thick or more.

It was fun as heck. I was there for a good while. Suri broke through, got soaking wet. But she is fine. I don't think she even noticed the cold. I am sad to say that the creek is now thawed and back to its flowing awesomeness.

Peace, Love, AND Chocolate!

No comments: