Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Exciting times at the Dr.

So yesterday morning, I woke up dead dog sick. So Hubby went off to work, and I went and camped out in the bathroom. Finally at 9:30, Hubby left work to take me to the doctor. Lucky for me, the base doctors were able to squeeze me in. So we go through the appointment and they ask me to get some bloodwork done.
Well, I always get stressed around needles, and so the flabotamist (sp?) joked with me and distracted me, and it all went well. No passing out for me! Yay! But the doctor wanted to go over the results with me, so while I waited in the lab, Hubby and I were talking. And then it happened. I started feeling really light headed, and dizzy, so I told Hubby to get someone fast, I was going to pass out. He listened, and I relocated to the floor. (less distance to fall, I have learned my lesson there)
Well, the lady who drew my blood came. Then a nurse came. Then the Major came. Then the Lt. Col. came. And then my doc came. And then I lost what little cookies I had. And another nurse came with a wheel chair. I got my own special room to recover in. They all stayed till I had color in my cheeks. The Major then went and fetched me a Sprite. They didn't want to stick me with an IV to hydrate me for fear of me passing out. Again. So 3 hours in the hospital and an Rx to help with the neasuea and told to rest, we went home.
Hubby was great through all of it. Feeding me ice chips, holding my hand, listening to me when I needed him to. He was told to take the rest of the day off to take care of me. And he did. Love that man.
So I am feeling better today, still not great, but better. Hubby keeps tabs on me. And hopefully I will be good as new soon.

2 comments:

Hollister Mom said...

I guess there are just some things you never grow out of! Did we ever warn Seth about the passing out thing? I believe you got off light with 3 hours. The last time you fainted with me we ended up in the hospital for 4-5 hours. Apparently the base Dr's are less distracted the civilian Dr's. Have you heard any results on the blood work? Infection? Bacteria? You know, there's another reason to feel very sick to your stomach.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm very sorry you got sick.... But the neddle part was fun I bet.