Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stupid Cell Phone.....

So today, I was taking out my cell phone out of my pocket, my 5 key, which is also my gh key, fell off. I thought, no biggie, I'll call customer service and get a replacement or get it fixed, whichever workes out best. So I wait on hold, get transfered 5 times, asked to call back on a landline, which I don't have, so I drove to my friends house, called back, waited on hold again...do you feel a recurring theme here?... Well, apparently nothing works out best. Because its a 'manufacturer' error, the phone company won't do anything. They transfer me to the manufacturer, and they say, 'Sure we can fix that, but we have a set price to repair your style phone, its $190.00' I'm sorry, but a key is not worth $190. My phone itself was $250. So in reality, I could almost buy a whole new phone. So I decided to do a little browsing around on the internet, and you can't just get one key, but the whole key pad. BUT they don't tell you how to make the replacement. So what to do, what to do. I looked at prices of other phones (gag me). So I have decided that until I can afford a new phone, I will walk around with a bobby pin in my hair when I need to hit that oh so elusive 5 key. But I am so frustrated!!! So you can call me Mrs. Bobbypin Curtis.

1 comment:

Hollister Mom said...

Did you try looking for a replacement phone on ebay or amazon or something? Or even a local phone repair shop might be able to fix it. I just can't see you texting with a bobby pin!