Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Flooding...

So last night we had a major thunderstorm. Normally I can jsut sleep threw a storm with no problems. Not last night. Oh no.. I jerked awake cuz seriously, it was loud. Living on a Air Force base and regularly hearing plane engines 24/7, in my half asleep mind the thunder sounded like a plane was flying right next to my window. Not 10 seconds later, my room lite up with light. Seriously, took me 30 min to fall back to sleep because it was that loud.

Then this morning, its still raining, but not pouring like last night. But I still misjudged the mass amounts of rain that came down. I'm used to seeing big puddles on the streets after a good rain, but it wasn't until we were leaving base this morning and the creek that we take Suri to was more like a lake. Seriously, the creek is generally a 4 feet deep, 4-5 feet wide and like a foot of water regularly. We couldn't see the ground, at all.. And the creek goes under the brigde at the gates, that was flooded almost to the roads. The space inbetween the gate roads are filled. It was rediculous. Even now, 10 later, the creek still resembles a lake. Lol. There are crews trying to clear out the grates so it will flow out better. All of housing is fine tho, which is good news.

So I guess my house isn't getting a new inside like we were led to believe. It's more of a, when our contract is over in Oct., and we don't renew or decide to move in somewhere else, or whatever, our house is going to be demolished and replaced... Frownie face.. That's right, it's staying only cuz we reside in it. Yay for me saving a house. lol. The survey they did on Monday was for an environmental thingy to make it all legal.

And I have been thinking, Suri is just going to be staying at my house when we aren't here until we get a fence. Which will hopefully be soon. But we think it'll just be easier to clean up a mess then paying medical bills it the trend at the puppysitter continues. Rawr, I'm still annoyed by it. So yea, 3 logs in 3 days, I'm on a roll...lol

Till next time!!! Peace, LOVE and Chocolate!

3 comments:

Grandma R said...

It is,however, nice to hear from you and know what is going on.
Keep it up.

Hollister Mom said...

I agree with Grandma- keep the 'ball' rolling. Yea for saving a house! if only temporarily. Have you thought about what you want to do when the contract is up? Do you think you'll want to be in a different house? And I hope you have some wading boots. You know, the kind that cover half you body so you can walk in a river and not get wet. ROFLOL (your mom is hip to the new text lingo ;=]

Katie said...

Way to go mom!!! Wooo!!! I don't own any wading boots. Shocker I know.. I haven't decided what to do about the house. Possibly move on to a new house, but the contract is up while Hubby is training to deploy. I'm not sure if I'll be up for a change into a new house without memories of him there. Who knows tho.. it's still 5 months away..It doesn't seem like enough... ps. my word varification is ouromeo !! lol!