Monday, November 3, 2008

To My Family

So the fam has been asking me if I have set up a blog yet, and so today, I am..

I am recently married to the man of my heart on Oct 11. We had been dating for 4 years and he recently joined the airforce this year. He is getting promoted on the 14th, which is always good news, cuz it means more money for us. Yay!

So since we have been here in Oklahoma, I have noticed that there are absolutely NO MOUNTAINS for us! Now I grew up in a valley, no mountains are a serious shock to my visual senses. But we have cotten. Lots and lots of cotton.

Lucky for me, Hubby had a friend from basic get married this month as well, and I have become fast friends with the wife, 'B'. We have spent the majority of our days together. Needless to say, we have helped eachother out a lot, setting up our houses, adjusting to the military way of life. Lucky for us we all get along too, because within a few days of being here, 'B's car blew a head gasket, and so they are carless for a while, and then last week I found out that my truck needs a part replaced, which is a few hundred bucks.

Since I have been here I have adopted a new puppy for Suri to play with. His name is Todd and he is a husky cross. Super cute. And my friend 'B' thought he was so cute that she went and rescued his sister Cherry. So we have puppy get togethers to top things off. Its nice to vent to someone about potty training difficulties. But they are coming along nicely. I am lucky to say that I have hardwood floors to clean up the messes.

Well there is the last few weeks in a nutshell. Hope to have you tune in again next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! You're already labeling posts and everything! Well done. I'm glad things have been going well for you in Okie territory