Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Endless Driving

So.. I believe I mentioned before about 'B's car breaking down, but this weekend she had to go get her son from Arkansas this weekend. So being the kind and generous soul I am (and discussing it with Hubby) I volunteered to drive her there and back if she paid for gas. So we leave Monday afternoon, prepared for a 7-8 hour drive.

So we are going along, the road is pitch black, we have about an hour to go, and boom, there are cop lights flashing, and thinking he needs to get past, I pull over....and so does he. I was thinking, I have my cruise control on at the speed limit (65mph), I'm not weaving around, there is no one else on the road, and so I have no idea what was wrong. I get everything out, and Mr. Texas State Trooper goes, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" "I have no idea sir" "Well, did you know that your license plate light is out?" what?!?! I responded with a smile, "No sir, I didn't, I can't see the back license of my car while I am driving" LOL!! So he asked me where I was from , "California, (duh?) but I just moved to Oklahoma." He gave me the strangest look, like why the heck am I in Texas headed toward Arkansas, when Oklahoma is behind me. So, anyways that's over, we continue on our way.

So that was the only excitement we had on our trip. We got home about 4 am, slept about an hour, then continued on with my day. In total I was awake for 36 hours. Needless to say, I went to bed early that night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if being snarky to a police officer is always the best idea, though I'm glad it worked out for you in this case.

Now go fix your license plate light!

Hollister Mom said...

You told it better on the phone because you left out 'B's response to your getting your papers ready. Anyway, still a great story!