Monday, May 17, 2010

Pickles.

So, while I was in California I had wanted to make jam and pickles. But because it was still early in the year, we were unable to do the pickles there. But we were able to make some delish jam.


Well, after weeks of waiting, I finally found some pickling cucumbers! Yay! So, I call my mom, get the reciepe and set about collecting everything I need..

Saturday, I start at 9 am. I don't have a food processer, so I set my coffee table up with a towel, cutting board, and lots of bowls. 2 hours of thinly slicing 14 pounds of cucumbers, "shredding" 4 bell peppers (My grater wasn't working so I had to cut up the bells super small) and thinly slicing 14 tiny onions. It was tedious. 3 hours of dehydrating the cucs while I went grocery shopping. Then making the syrup. Then combining. Then boiling the cars... I wasn't done till about 5. Just in time to start making dinner.=)

I am super excited. They taste great. Apparently roomie doesn't like my pickles, but that just means more for Seth and Me! He couldn't understand why I made so many jars tho. He thinks I am crazy. Oh well.

2 comments:

Hollister Mom said...

Those look good, Kiddo!! Great job!

Grandma R said...

Fantastic job