Monday, April 5, 2010

Car Trouble

So, we got to Cali on Saturday, which is way before schaedual, but that's ok. The drive was long, but we made it safely, and in one piece. Which is kinda a miracle. In Feb, I took the truck in to take care of a water pump leak. No biggie. But after that, my truck started making some funny whirring noises. So I call the mechanic back, he said that it was ok, and just let it drive for a while, and it should go away.

Well, as time went on, it still wasn't going away, but it wasn't affecting anything that was noticeable, so we drove it to California. That's 1500 miles. So I figured anything that would "work itself out" it would do it by the time we got here. Well, it didn't. I called my handy dandy, super awesome brother and explained what's going on. And I took him for a quick drive to point out exactly what I was hear, what the other mechanic said, and what I suspected it was from when it was occurring. He then used his amazing ability of deduction, and... Came inside, saying, "Would you like me to show you, or tell you how close you were to dying." Oh, my goodness.

He figured out it had something to do with my tires. He lifted up the right passenger side and as he was doing so, my tire tips out at an angle. Further inspection showed that the ball bearings were broke, and the only thing keeping the tire on was the breaks. Going 80 ish mph, hitting a big enough bump (which I-40 has plenty of) we could have lost a tire, and our lives. Yeah, work itself out, my foot. And so, we buy the part, my super amazing brother fixes it, and I am no longer going to die driving home. Yay!

So, here are 2 weeks of fun ahead of us! Hurray!

1 comment:

Grandma R said...

How fortunate you are! How blessed and protected! I don't think I would trust that mechanic again. We are SOOOO glad you are ok!